"It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle."
Ernest Hemingwayemail me if google hasn't got the answer..
Double Trouble in the land of Invisible Men in Grey Suits
- all my life I was told men of my height (5’7” on the day when the the wind is good) should not wear DB suits.. So much so that I believed them.
- It was not until the last year or so that I started to apply balance & proportion that I was able to convince myself that I & others of my stature can wear a DB
- In my case the bottom 4 buttons are closer, the breast buttons are actually lower than my nipple, the breast pocket set higher & the waisting is also about 1.5” above my natural waist to create an illusion of length & space
- please excuse the disappearing shirt cuffs, not sure what happened as they were there before the pic & after..
Though some rules:
- in answer to the response re my tie, I like my ties skewed as I find the symmetrical or Windsor knots & eye-sore. Just how I roll same as my 5cm or 2” cuffs, not for all but for me
What do you think?