"It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle."
Ernest Hemingwayemail me if google hasn't got the answer..
I have not worn a pair of “tracky dacks” (track pants) since 1985 in my senior year at school, & they were synthetic. But these APC cotton/cashmere were to good to not procure ..
With summer hitting us soon down here in the antipodes, I’m going to CRANK up the cold air machine!
Vintage Helmut Lang backstage crew T from 1998 - not long before HL went into hiding after cashing in to the Prada buy-out ..
* Comes out for an airing every few years ..
Waiting for the little nephew getting a buzz cut - I’d love one, but the women in my life will not co-sign..
* How to wear “Prep” or “Trad” without looking like an extra from “Great Gatsby” or a Ralph Lauren campaign .. Thanks to the new follower for re-bRogging this from my archives. (Dec 2010. Sydney, Australia)
Details: SC - “cool effect” blazer by E. Zegna Couture, Shirt - bespoke, Tie - Gallo, Tie pin - Bottega Veneta, Belt - E. Zegna, PS - Kiton, Pantaloons - RL, Cigar - Partagas SD4!
* Yes you can wear a hat, just don’t be self conscious or ironic.. Another great find from my archives (2009 Sydney, Australia). Liking how new followers are taking the time to go through the archives.
Easy like Sunday
Details: Cologne - Tom Ford, Hat - Akubra, Sunglasses - vintage RayBan, Shirt - bespoke, Watch - vintage Rolex Ref 1680, Pants - Uniqlo, Shoes - RLPL
I’m making cawfee .. Who’s up?
* This morning’s 2WheelTherapy turned into 2WheelHurtLocker - all good!
* As we are heading into our summer (down here in the Antipodes), get your loose linens out & skip the IronicHipster tight pants. A nice find from the archives by another new follower. (Hong Kong June 2011)
When it is 30c & 99.9% humidity @ midnight & when you wake up, there is no option but “LOOSE” the TIE & wear as much LINEN as possible..
Notes: SC & Shirt - P Johnson for GW, PS - Faconnable, Shoes - Edward Green “Dover” for Leather Soul, Bag - Ettinger for The Armoury
* From the archives as discovered by a new follower (June 2011)
The parts: Shirt - Mystery Bespoke, Pantaloons - RAPHA x Paul Smith, Loafers - Carmina #8 Cordovan for The Armoury, Satchel - Bottega Veneta
Note: For those that have not been following long, I’m on one of my regular business trips & this time it is HKG in the middle of summer (which is not so kind if one is coming from winter in SYD/AUS).